With only a few days until college kickoff on Thursday night, I though that I'd post some of my predictions for the upcoming college football season. Enjoy and feel free to comment on this and post some bold predictions that you have on this upcoming season!
1. USC will lose 3 games this year: By choosing true freshman qb Matt Barkley, USC may struggle early in the season and also lost a lot of players on Defense from last season. With that said, I see the Trojans losing @ Ohio State (Buckeyes finally win a big game) on Sept. 13, @ Cal on Ocotber 3, and to a middle of the pack Pac 10 team.
2. Oklahoma State will upset Texas on Halloween: Oklahoma State has the most explosive offense in the Big 12, let alone in the country. Oklahoma State always seems to play it close with Texas and wants to get some revenge on the 'Horns after almost beating em last year. It will be a hostile environment in Stillwater on Halloween, and I look for the Pokes to win.
3. Charlie Weis will live to see another year: Thanks to having a very easy schedule, I am predicting that Notre Dame will finish 9-3, which will be just enough to get them into a BCS game (even though they dont deserve it) and just enough to save Charlie Weis's job at ND.
4. Arkansas will surprise a few teams: After a lackluster 5-7 season in his first year, Bobby Petrino's Razorbacks should be much improved from last year. With Michigan transfer Ryan Mallet at quarterback, Arkansas will surprise one of the top SEC teams on the road and win 8 games. (Note: Arkansas plays Ole Miss, Florida, Bama and LSU on the road this year)
5. The winner of Virginia Tech- Georgia Tech on October 17 will win the ACC. Virginia Tech's Defense should be stellar like always and is looking to Threepeat as ACC Champs. Paul Johnson's triple option offense should only get better in his second season and the winner of GT-VT will then have a clear path to the ACC Championship game.
6. The winner of Florida-LSU will play for the NC. Aside from the SECCG, LSU will be Florida's toughest oponent on the season. After underacheiving last season, LSU will be much improved and if it can upset Florida and get by Bama and Ole Miss, LSU may be looking at a NC appearance on the line against a rematch with Florida in the SECCG.
7. TCU, not Boise State, will make a BCS game: Gary Patterson is one of the most underrated coaches in college football and always has a strong defense. As long as TCU can get by @ BYU and Utah at home, then they will finally crash the BCS and play in the Fiesta Bowl.
8. Jahvid Best will crash the Heisman Party: As long as he stays healthy, Jahvid Best will put up big rushing numbers and if California wins the Pac 10, Best will be a Heisman contender and make the trip to New York city for the presentation.
9. Stanford and Baylor will both make bowl games: Jim Harbaugh has got Stanford heading in the right direction and this year will finally take Stanford to a bowl game. Baylor's got one of the most exciting players in the game in Robert Griffin and Art Briles will take Baylor to their first bowl game this decade.
10. Texas will defeat Florida for the National Championship: Back in 2006, when Texas last won a NC, all the hype in that game was about USC and them going for 3 straight and were already declared the greatest team of all time only get to beat by Texas. Fast forward 4 years later, Texas will deny Florida and Tim Tebow of winning 3 titles in 4 years.